cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1722: The RPC Server is Unavailable - Disaster Recovery of CAS

Not_Jake
Level 4

Good Day Pros,

I got an error which is reffered to the image below when I'm trying to restore the BackExec DB of Original CASO to the D.R Server:

error1.jpg

I simply follow the steps regarding this link below when performing D.R:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Backup-Exec/How-to-backup-Backup-Exec-itself-and-how-to-restore-it/m-p/31...

I also installed the options needed in the D.R server and when i opened the console, i noticed that the D.R server's console configurations appeared as the same as the old CASO. After that, i run the BEUtil to restore the database which i copied from the old CASO server, and the error occurs.

I've search for the Error, check the windows services regarding RPC and DCOM but the options in the properties of those are grayed-out (e.g. start , restart, stop ,etc.).

Did i missed some step/s regarding this scenario and leading to this error? Any help would be appreciated

Use: Windows Server 2012 R2, Backup Exec 16 - Central Administration Server 

Regards,
Jake

7 REPLIES 7

sbora
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you have copied Data and Catalogs folder from original server to the DR server then no need to perform database recovery. You can start services directly. 

Please share what exactly you want to achive and we can provide additional steps if required. 

Riyaj_S

What is the error in dbrecover.log ?

Path : Install Path\Backup Exec\Logs\dbrecover.log

Thanks and Regards,

Riyaj

@sbora @Riyaj_S

Sorry for long reply, I wanted to restore the whole configuration of the CAS into the DR server.
One question, how can i enable re-targeting of jobs into the Deduplication Storage from the old CAS which is also I've imported to the D.R Server? Since im also running a staging backup method (Optimized Deduplication). Im running both in VMware ESXi 6.0. Thank you and good Day

sbora
Level 6

So you have moved the dedupe storage as well to DR server from original server? How did you do that? 

Since you moved the data folder, BE database was also moved to DR server. BE database already had information of the dedupe storage. If you copy the dedupe storage with same drive letter and name to new server and restart services then dedupe will come online. All jobs will be pointed to this dedupe storage only. 

Do you also want to run optimized dedupe jobs on the DR server? If yes where do you want to target them on production MBES or you plan to move MBES as well to DR site?

@sbora

That's what Im into at the moment, i'm trying to move the Deduplication Disk via importing in the .VMDK of the ex-CAS to the D.R server. I got the jobs replicated also so no problem on that, but my problem now is how i can use the deduplication disk of the CAS to the new D.R server, since i can do everything except on Staged Deduplication.

As per Optimized Duplication, i worked already on that even since before the disaster begun, and yes, the job was targeted the duplication job in the same MBES. I want to know how i will add the imported Deduplication Disk so i can now start the Deduplication Staging Backup.

Regarding on your recommendation, I will try working on that and see if that fix my problem

Thank you and Best Regards,
Jake

here is the log :

Backup Exec Database Recovery
01/11/18  14:35:20

--------------------------------------------

Initializing...
BEGetComputerName = 'VRTS-BE-3'
GetBeVirtualServerName = ' '
Using node name for media server
Data for BE database:
Structure size   :   6504
Media Server    :  VRTS-BE-3
Node, if clust     :
SQL Server       :  VRTS-BE-3
Instance Name  :  BkupExec
SQL Instance    :  VRTS-BE-3\BkupExec
SQL Service      :  MSSQL$BkupExec
Database           :  BEDB
App Data Path   :  C:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\Data
Database Path  :
Database Log    :
Database File    :  C:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\Data\BEDB_dat.mdf
Database Log    :  C:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\Data\BEDB_log.ldf
Backup File       :   C:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\Data\BEDB.bak
Base File           :   C:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\Data\BEDB_dat.bak
Base Log File    :   C:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\Data\BEDB_log.bak
Is Local              :   TRUE
IsDatabaseMgr  :   TRUE
RetryConnectionSeconds    :  300
Recover database using best method..
GetDatabaseStatus
OpenFromInitializationString Connection String = Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=master;Data Source=VRTS-BE-3\BkupExec;Locale Identifier=1033;Application Name=BEWS DBUtil hr=0x0
GetDatabaseStatus status=ONLINE
Database BEDB is ONLINE
GetDatabaseFiles for database 'BEDB'
OpenFromInitializationString Connection String = Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=master;Data Source=VRTS-BE-3\BkupExec;Locale Identifier=1033;Application Name=BEWS DBUtil hr=0x0
Database exists - nothing to do
Setting up for IDR...
GetDatabaseFiles for database 'master'
GetDatabaseFiles for database 'model'
File Exist Check: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.BKUPEXEC\MSSQL\DATA\master$4idr
File Exist: TRUE
File Exist Check: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.BKUPEXEC\MSSQL\DATA\mastlog$4idr
File Exist Check: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.BKUPEXEC\MSSQL\DATA\model$4idr
File Exist Check: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL12.BKUPEXEC\MSSQL\DATA\modellog$idr
Deinitialize...

Process completed
01/11/18  14:35:51

Thanks and regards,

Jake

Thanks, all working now!

Best Regards,
Jake