cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1935 during Backup Exec 2010 installation of Visual C++ 2005

sdjones
Level 2

Hi everyone,

I have been struggling with this issue for a few days.  We are in disaster recovery, having done a full restore from disk using Backup Exec 2010 installed to a temporary folder.  Problem is that when I did the full restore, original installation of Backup Exec 2010 no longer worked.  I uninstalled it, and tried to reinstall but now I consistently get error Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'policy.8.0.Microsoft.VC80.OpenMP, type="win32-policy", version="8.0.50727.4053", PublicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", processorArchitecture="x86"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information.  This is Windows 2008 Server 32 bit.  I really need to restore SQL databases since I had not done that yet.  I have attached the installation log file for anyone who can help.

Thank you,
Sara

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Download the latest msi installer from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8483

after msi install, reboot & re-try the BE install

sdjones
Level 2

I downloaded from this page and tried to install Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x86.msu (Windows Server 2008), however I get message that it "does not apply to your system".  Is there another one I should try?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have PMed you another step, let me know how it goes