cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Access is denied to Remote Agent when backing up local system state

chris_mcgrail
Level 2
My daily jobs fail with the following error:

Backup- \\W2KFS2\System?State V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to directory
Unknown
Access is denied to Remote Agent. Check the login account for the specified device.

I've checked the job selections to see if maybe it was mistakenly chosen as a remote selection, but it was not. I also tweaked the credentials in the job so admin was the authenticating account for all system state back ups, remote and local.

I'm running version 10- any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi Chris,

To analyze your problem we would like to gather some more information:

1) Is your remote agent running under Local System Account?

2) Are you getting this error while backing up system state only?

3) Are other local selections being backed up without any error?

You can refer to the following document.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/266075.htm

Thanks.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.

chris_mcgrail
Level 2
Hi Shraddha

Thanks for your reply. The remote agent is running under the administrator acccount, local selections are being backed up and this is the only item that generates an error. I have tried the troubleshooting in article 266075, but it didn't reslove anything. Hope this helps

Chris

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Change the remote agent service account to Local system account.

Ensure that Backup exec service account is part of local admin group on remote server and also part of domain admin.

Is the remote server behind firewall? Does this error occur only on 1 remote server?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.