cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Codes - E0008821

D2NA
Not applicable
I have Symantec Backup Exec 12 running on one of the servers but it keeps coming up with the E0008821 error, Final Error -Job was recovered as a result of Backup Exec RPC service starting.  No user action is required. Final error category: Job Errors

I have tried using the advice given on the site but that doesnt seem to have had any effect, is there any other solutions for this?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

DDev
Level 4

Let me know if you find or hear anything because I am fighting this on 2 Servers. I am applying the latest patches from Symantec to see if this helps. I have been on the phone for hours with support and got nothing.

ioniancat21
Level 5
I've heard from others who have had this issue. It is related to a loss of communication with the remote agent on the server you're attempting to backup. What they did was to basically reboot the Backup Exec Server along with the remote computers being backed up when the error occured.

Just to add, when presented with a smaller group of servers to backup, most of them just rebooted all servers involved in the backup process. While this may not be a permanent fix for some, at minimum it may decrease the frequency of error messages getting produced. What causes the issue is the stopping of the BE RPC service on one or more of your computers being backed up and not the BE server, which can be caused by Windows Updates that don't require a reboot, hence the installed updates kill the service as part of the update process.

Hope this helps............
CAT

DDev
Level 4

I assume you know of no permanent fix or which hotfix caused the problem? Problem with rebooting servers is these are production web servers, email, and file share. The reboot isn't really an option for me. I am going to try and reinstall SP2 on the servers and see if that helps.

Thanks,
Dan

ioniancat21
Level 5
Looking at your solution, I think reinstalling the SP will ask for a reboot anyway after it completes. An easy test would be to pick a server that doesn't have users accessing it 24/7. Looking at your list, I'd say your file share would be a good candidate as I'm guessing maybe these folders are accessed by 9-5 employees, so a reboot as a scheduled task in the middle of the night might save you tons of work of reinstalling SP's if it fixes things.

Good luck...............

DDev
Level 4
At night is when the backups are running. So nobody knows a real fix other than rebooting the server? I support doesn't.