cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Communications are down with the Backup Exec

flavor4real
Level 5
Hello guys,
All started that one day my backup exec 12.5 started to do following. Under the JOB SETUP tap, I have the three fields 1. Jobs/ 2. Policies/ 3. Backup Selection List. The Jobs field showes loading but nothing comes up. In addition, Under the DEVICE tap, no media tape drive is showing up.

What I did so far.
- Went over Network > Logon Accounts > verified correct credentials
- Restarted Exec Server Service > during the service restart, all jobs are appearing back BUT a error msg telling me the COMMUNICATIONS ARE DOWN WITH THE BACKUP EXEC. CHEK TO SEE IF BACKUP EXEC SERVICES ARE RUNNING ON "xxxx". Once I press ok, this popuo error disapeears and another small popup with the msg CONNETING TO MEDIA SERVER comes up. Once that popup disapeared, all JOBS are disapeared also.

I tried to run repair but a error comes up with ERROR 1719: Windows Installer Service is not accessible.

How can I fix this issue?
2 REPLIES 2

Nimish_Patel
Level 5
Employee Accredited
Did you tried logging into the server with the same user account which your Backup Exec services are using ?

Can you also try changing all Backup Exec services to run under Local System Account and then see if the console comes up and you are able to see all the jobs ?

If any of these resolves your issue, mark this as "Solution"

flavor4real
Level 5
Yes,
- I'm logging on to the server with the same user account which Backup exec is using.
- All Backup Exec services use the local user account.

Issue still exist .....