cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - Directory not found?

FredB
Level 3
 My backup jobs just started failing with the error "Directory not found. Can not backup directory \Specs and its subdirectories." The specs folder got deleted a few days ago and is not specifically set to backup, it was just on the drive. I'm not sure why BE didn't figure out that t had been deleted and just skip it. If I do the backup-to-disk it finishes the job ok, just fails when it's to tape. Any ideas?

Thanks

Fred
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

THarry
Level 5
 Hi Fred,

This is a common problem.  In 8.6, open the Backup Job Properties from the Job Definitions tab.  Navigate to the Selections tab.  Change the display from Graphics to Text.  Finally, remove the deleted folder from the list.

Harry

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

THarry
Level 5
 Hi Fred,

This is a common problem.  In 8.6, open the Backup Job Properties from the Job Definitions tab.  Navigate to the Selections tab.  Change the display from Graphics to Text.  Finally, remove the deleted folder from the list.

Harry

Marksw
Level 5
It sounds as if you have a selective backup job.  This means that you don't backup the whole partition.  Rather you backup certain items in the drive.
This is not a BE problem because ARCserve does the same.
What you need to do is select the whole partition (for exapmle C:) and filter out what you do not want backed up.  This way when you delete another directory or file you will not get this error.

Mark