Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error E00002F1 - V79-57344-753 on BE 12.5

Ase
Level 3

Hi,

I got the following error on BE 12.5.

e00002f1 - Cannot back up the binaries that are associated with the selected Exchange databases. Review the Exchange configuration. Until you fix any errors, edit the backup job, uncheck the GRT option, and then run the job again.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-753 

I cannot find info what this exactly means and the link to V79-57344-753 cannot be found.

Anyone solved this?

ps. Unchecking the GRT option did not fix it.

Setup: Win2003R2, Exchange 2007SP2, BE12.5 

Regards,

Ase

22 REPLIES 22

Anup
Level 6
Certified

Are you able to backup exchange through windows NTbackup utility.

Do you have Management tools installed on backup server . And it should have same rollup patechs and service packs as exchange server.

Ase
Level 3

Hi Anup,

I have not tested with NTBackup.

The system worked with BE11D and 12. I just upgraded to the latest BE 12.5 version now (I can always rollback, but like to know why I get this error on this version).

Regards,

Ase

Anup
Level 6
Certified
Did you update the remote agent on exchange server after upgrading the backupexec to 12.5?
12.5 is a new product... initially issues will come while using it....so if u dont fine any information here then you can open a support ticket with symantec...even for them as well it will be a new issue and they will come to know about it instead of rolling back to previous version.

Ase
Level 3

Hi Anup,

Both Exchange and BE is on the same server so no remote agents needed.

BE 12.5 is pretty new, but why have error codes thats unkown and web links thats not working.

Thats normal for Alpha/Beta software, but surely not a final released software.  

//Ase

JasonV
Level 3

Anup,

I suspect that there are no real changes in 12.5 as it relates to Exchange backups; there hasn't been enough time since BE12 came out for the agent to change that much. The last hotfix issued prior to BE12 SP2 contained significant updates to the Exchange agent and I suspect that BE12.5 is using the same code.

I've been troubleshooting issues with BE12 performing GRT backups since spring and it has gotten quite frustrating. My troubles have mainly been with GRT incrementals on a Exchange 2007 SP1 CCR cluster which shouldn't be that rare of a situation.

I'm waiting for word from a tier 2 engineer now to see if it is even worth upgrading to 12.5. I will eventually do the upgrade anyway due to the new features coming out that simplify remote agent updates, but for now I suspect that 12.5 doesn't solve any of my Exchange problems.

Jason

Lennart_Koenraa
Level 3

Dear all,

I have exactly the same problem.

Usage:

Veritas12.5 Hotfix installed 309248, 313346

W2K3 Rev2 SP2, Exchange 2007, Exchange 2007 management console ( SP1 rollupupdate 4 ) installed on BE server.

Remote agent ( including open file option ) updated.

After this error i disabled the GRT option, but i still get the same error.

When using NTbackup on Exchange 2007 server the backup seems just fine.

Hopefully this can be solved quickly because at this moment i am only backing up the *.edb , log files and systemstate.

Thx

appie
Level 2

Dear all,

I’ am using W2K3 it has SP2, Exchange 2007 management console Version: 08.01.0240.006, in a VMware environment.

I’am testing now the program BE12.5 for a company because the want to buy it. Only if i want to back-up my mailbox database i get this error.

e00002f1 - Cannot back up the binaries that are associated with the selected Exchange databases. Review the Exchange configuration. Until you fix any errors, edit the backup job, uncheck the GRT option, and then run the job again. For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-753.

Can anyone help me please

Thanx

Anup
Level 6
Certified

management console Version on exchange and backup server should be same.

Should Have MAPI/CDO 1.2.1 installed on exchange server...Try to uninstall and reinstall it.

Is exchaneg in clusters.

Lennart_Koenraa
Level 3

Hi Anup,

Management console version on Exchange and backup servers are the same.

I have reinstalled the MAPI/CDO 1.2.1 on the Exchange.

My Exchange server is not running in clusters, it's a standalone mailserver.

Still having this error.

V-79-57344-753 - Cannot back up the binaries that are associated with the selected Exchange database...

Anup
Level 6
Certified
Is backup of tape or disk?
try backing up to local disk?
can u backup with NTbakcup?

Lennart_Koenraa
Level 3

I only use backup to disk at this point.

With NTbackup there is no problem.

Anup
Level 6
Certified

Uninstall and reinstall the exchange agent?

Are you able to backup without GRT option successfully.

Lennart_Koenraa
Level 3

I already disabled GRT option but there was no difference in this error.

Tomorrow i will reinstall the Agent.

appie
Level 2

Dear all,

I’ am using W2K3 it has SP2, Exchange 2007 management console Version: 08.01.0240.006, in a VMware environment. I’am testing now the program BE12.5 for a company because the want to buy it.

Only if i want to back-up my mailbox database i get this error. e00002f1 - Cannot back up the binaries that are associated with the selected Exchange databases. Review the Exchange configuration. Until you fix any errors, edit the backup job, uncheck the GRT option, and then run the job again. For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-753.

Can anyone help me please Thanx

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee

I would suggest for anyone getting this issue to contact Technical Support.  I've been doing a bit of research on this error and it appears we only have a few cases on this at the moment, the more cases we have logged for this issue, the faster we can get it resolved.  Please use the link below for contact information.  Also, please remember these are peer to peer forums and Symantec employees will post here when we are available to do so.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_techsupp_static.jsp

Rio
Not applicable

Hi,

I also have the same issue. GRT made no difference.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Anup
Level 6
Certified

Are you backing up Exchange remotely or locally?

Have tried installing backup exec on the exchange server itself? 

HAMZAOUI_Omar
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I had the same problem, I resolved it installaing MAPI CDO 1.2.1

It is essential to install MAPI CDO 1.2.1 on Exchange Server

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E17E7F31-079A-43A9-BFF2-0A110307611E&displa...

Lennart_Koenraa
Level 3

I already installed this.

It is no solution to my problem.