cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Error E000E020 on Backup Exec 2014.

gabriel_abib
Level 3

Hello all,

I would like to make a question regarding error E000E020, the error message I've been having in a remote site is:

"e000e020 - The duration that this job is allowed to remain scheduled has passed. It will be rescheduled. Verify that storage is available and check the job's schedule settings. Ensure that there is enough time for it to begin running before it is considered missed."

I've already checked the following article, and I think I can discard options A and C, as I don't think the options for option A is on Backup Exec 2014 (or maybe I am not finding them properly) and C we didn't have a time change here (therefor, there was no time change).

So checking option B and normally we run the jobs as the following: Backup to Disk and then Duplicate to Tape. The disk we use for backup has a lot of free space left, as for the tape I wouldn't be surprised if it is not being change daily as it is a remote site where we don't have a lot of control (but then the error would only be on the duplicate job, not on the 1st backup). However the issue happens on the Backup job, where though I will attach some screenshots to see if it helps, I find odd the Job is set to start 9:00:00 PM, so it sometimes starts at 9:00:07 and it has end date of 9:00:04 (!?).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If the duplicate to tape sits waiting for a tape, and the time this duplicate sits waiting for a tape goes beyond the timing for the next backup to disk within the same overall definition, then I suspect initial jobs to disk will go missed as well (especially if the waiting tape request for the duplicate goes beyond one job cycle and into further start times for the backup to disk.)

Basically when you have a repeating seqence of jobs in a single definition then as soon as one part of the sequence is held up, no further parts wil run, if this hold up last longer than 1 cycle of jobs then we would need to mark jobs as missed and only try to run the latest iteration.

You might be able to adjust things by setting automatic responses to the media request alerts and / or possibly reducing job time windows (both of which will cause the duplicate job to not run.)

At the end of the day though - you need to fix how your tapes are managed and / or check the status daily and not let multiple days (job cycles) pass before things are corrected.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If the duplicate to tape sits waiting for a tape, and the time this duplicate sits waiting for a tape goes beyond the timing for the next backup to disk within the same overall definition, then I suspect initial jobs to disk will go missed as well (especially if the waiting tape request for the duplicate goes beyond one job cycle and into further start times for the backup to disk.)

Basically when you have a repeating seqence of jobs in a single definition then as soon as one part of the sequence is held up, no further parts wil run, if this hold up last longer than 1 cycle of jobs then we would need to mark jobs as missed and only try to run the latest iteration.

You might be able to adjust things by setting automatic responses to the media request alerts and / or possibly reducing job time windows (both of which will cause the duplicate job to not run.)

At the end of the day though - you need to fix how your tapes are managed and / or check the status daily and not let multiple days (job cycles) pass before things are corrected.

So @Colin_Weaver, from whay I understood is since the Tape failed, or waited long enough due not changing the tape or making sure is working, is making the rest of the jobs to not start (or in this case, miss)?

Which means the best I could do would be cancel the jobs, make sure the tape issue is corrected and then restart them?

@Colin_Weaver wrote:

I will be checking on it, though from the article provided searching for the error, I was not able to find that option on Backup Exec 2014 (but that might be me not looking properly on all the program options).

Thanks for helping on this :)

In the end restarted the program/server it began to start all jobs skipped, and also began to check correctly the storage selected.

Thanks for the help!