cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error E000FE09 when backing up Netgear ReadyData

gascap0901
Level 2

I running BE 2014 SP2 on a Windows server 2012 R2 connected to a Qualstar tape library with 2 drives.  I backing up a Netgear ReadyData 5200 with approximately 15 TB of data in use.  The E000FE09 error happens part way through the backups.  It doesn't matter the directory that I'm backing up or if it's a full or incremental, and it's not consistant. I have attached the log

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Check the TN below to see how to troubleshoot this issue:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH71493.html

Thanks!

teiva-boy
Level 6

15TB of data is no easy task off a NAS, when not using an agent/NDMP....  I wonder if you can sneak in there a RALUS agent?  But the Nexenta OS is <1% of the market, and would be difficult to support...

If it's iSCSI connected data, then that is easier/better.  Since block is faster, and you get the benefit of an agent to leverage.

I would recommend other than checking your selection lists, is to break up the backup into smaller 3-5TB backup sets.  This way you can do multiple concurrent backups, but also if a single job fails, it's easier to restart.

gascap0901
Level 2

I do backup in increaments of 800GB to 3TB at a time.  However, I'm literally backing up millions of files in each directory.

There isn't a way to sneak RALUS on the box either.

gascap0901
Level 2

Craig,

I've looked at your recommendation before I even posted this.  The issue is the backup will work one week and then not work the next work.  I can even restart a failed backup sometimes and it works correctly.  I will get the error one day and not the next on incrementals too.

I don't believe it has any thing to really do with the selection.

Greg

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...this where a D2D2T system might actually be better.

Backup to a D2D array/folder, and then duplicate to tape. Should be faster and more efficient.

Thanks!