cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: Win32/Win64 API DeviceIoControl failed

danmak
Level 2

My school is using Backup Exec System Recovery 2010, it can't any backup from last week. This moring is show up an error message: Win32/Win64 API DeviceIoControl (IOCTL_VSNAP_MAKE_READONLY) failed.

I don't know how to solve it, please anyone has any solution to solve it.

Thanks,

Danmak

3 REPLIES 3

danmak
Level 2

My school is using Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 at Windows Server 2008, it can't any backup from last week. This moring is show up an error message: Win32/Win64 API DeviceIoControl (IOCTL_VSNAP_MAKE_READONLY) failed.

Thanks,

Danmak

danmak
Level 2

My school is using Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 at Windows Server 2008, it can't any backup from last week. I tried reboot the Windows Server, but it still doesn't work! This moring is show up an error message: Win32/Win64 API DeviceIoControl (IOCTL_VSNAP_MAKE_READONLY) failed.

Thanks,

Danmak

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Whilst someone might see this post and answer you question here, this forum is for the traditonal Backup Exec Product. As such you might want to post in the correct forum.

Backup Exec System Recovery is a separate product and was rebranded as Symantec System Recovery in the versions after the one you are running and as such has it's own forum here: https://www.veritas.com/community/backup-and-recovery/forums/system-recovery

Oh and because of the Veritas-Symantec split - the Symantec is now usually dropped as well.