cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - The directory is invalid

Shaun_M
Level 3
I'm using BE 9.1 in sbs2003 server.
My data back up job is failing with the error message "the directory is invalid", but the directories in question don't exist - I cannot find them at least. Also, the names have an element of gobbledegook about them. For example:
Directory not found. Can not backup directory \Invoices\\??????????SQLDs and its subdirectories.
Directory not found. Can not backup directory \Env\\Env GC2009.doc and its subdirectories.

Can someone suggest how to solve this issue ?
Thanks

Shaun
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

THarry
Level 5
Hi Shaun,

Recreate the job and see what happens.

Harry

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

THarry
Level 5
Hi Shaun,

Recreate the job and see what happens.

Harry

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Verify that the directory to be backed up actually exists before submitting the backup job operation. If the directory no longer exists, edit the backup job and remove the directory from the selection list and then submit the backup job.

Follow the steps given below to edit the backup job and remove the directory from the selection list:

1.  Open the Backup Exec Interface.
2.  Click Job Setup
3.  In the Job Setup view, under the Jobs pane, double-click the job to be edited.
4.  In the Properties window, in the Properties pane, under Source, click to select the Selections option
5.  In the View format box in the right corner, click to select the Text option.
6.  Select the directory that no longer exists from the listed directories.
7.  Click Delete
8.  After deleting the directories that no longer exist, click Submit to run the backup job

Shaun_M
Level 3
 hi dev, I had tried through text format and it also didn't work. Anyhow I recreated the job and it's working now. Thanks both.

Shaun

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Mary Christmas to you and you Family....