cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error V-79-57344-65033 Directory not found (NOT an Exchange issue)

Tom_Morris
Level 3
Intermittently, we see this error:
Backup \\Server1\C:
V-79-57344-65033 Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \WINNT and its subdirectories.

Obviously, the directories are there since the server is running. There must be some other cause for this rather vague error message.

Specifics: Windows NT workstation is being backed up remotely by a Win2k3 server with Backup Exec 10.1 (latest patches applied). The backup will fail about once every two weeks.
7 REPLIES 7

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

You may refer to the following technote

Job fails with the error: "Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \ and its sub-directories."

http://support.veritas.com/docs/245452

thanks

Tom_Morris
Level 3
The article you cite is not applicable. The directory in question is the WINNT directory. It has not been moved or changed in any way (I doubt you could move it even if you wanted to). If the job is re-run, it often succeeds, but that doesn't resolve why it failed in the first place.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

As mentioned in the earlier technote please recreate the job and verify.

Thanks

Filip_Matuska
Not applicable
Good morning,
I have the same problem running Veritas Backup Exec for Windows Server 10.0 rev 5520.

The backup log shows in example the following errors:
Backup- C:
V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \vol3\Saffe\DATA\SINDELAR\lana_technologie\PODKLADY\koordinace and its subdirectories.
V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \vol3\Saffe\DATA\SINDELAR\lana_technologie\PODKLADY\Kotelna and its subdirectories.
V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \vol3\Saffe\DATA\SINDELAR\lana_technologie\PODKLADY\new_line and its subdirectories.
V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \vol3\Saffe\DATA\SINDELAR\lana_technologie\PODKLADY\Pila and its subdirectories.

I have ckecked that the directory still exists and the backup software has access to it. All the errors are related to the same directory SINDELAR. User uses this folder to store there data from his computer's local disk.

During the second run the errors ware on completely other folder:
Backup- C:
V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \vol3\WORK\Nova slozka and its subdirectories.
V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \vol3\WORK\Vystupni sekce and its subdirectories.

Could this be because the directory was just modified at the time when the job was backuping it?

BR

Filip Matuska
Czech Republic

Sanjay_Raval
Level 6
Certified
I think yes.

Check the Selection list in text view and modify the selection list again.

Sanjay_Raval
Level 6
Certified
Here is the technote

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/245452.htm

I am having a similar problem.

Both links in this thread supplied by Veritas Support do not result in technotes of any kind.

I have recreated the job and checked the selections at the request of Veritas Support (not sure why this would make any difference) but still the job is failing. I have uninstalled all traces of Veritas software from the server in question and removed it completely from the Backup Exec application, then fully installed it again checking the correct permissions are assigned to the directories I want backing up - job fails again.

Seems like Veritas do not know what is causing this.