Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error V-79-8192-4881

jmschuurman
Level 2

We have one job, that comes with an error in the backup job

Backup- //HOLLAPSAN12/vol/NFS03
V-79-8192-4881 - The count of Files and Directories processed is not available for this operation. T...

I searched the forum about this and the solution should be File History. This option is enabled, but still the same result.
I've also made a new job with an new selection list. Also no result in this.

The job should backup data from our NFS datastore.

What can I do to resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Verbatim from TECH77907:

Backup jobs with Verify and file history enabled will complete with the exception during the Verify portion of the job. The job log will report ."The count of Files and Directories processed is not available for this operation. The File and Directory count might be displayed as zero." under the Verify section of the job logThis is expected behavior as NetApp/IBM filers do not send any file history or directory information during a restore or verify operations.

This exception will appear in the job log for "Verify" or "Optimised Duplication" jobs as expected, however there isn't any way to suppress this exception. For the former, the only alternative (which i would not recommend) is to turn off verify.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

refer http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH161315

jmschuurman
Level 2

I recreated the backup job and the selection list.
Now I can see the folders in the selection list when I want to revover data, but I'm still getting the error in the Job log.

Is there a way, so I don't get the error because this can be confusing.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Verbatim from TECH77907:

Backup jobs with Verify and file history enabled will complete with the exception during the Verify portion of the job. The job log will report ."The count of Files and Directories processed is not available for this operation. The File and Directory count might be displayed as zero." under the Verify section of the job logThis is expected behavior as NetApp/IBM filers do not send any file history or directory information during a restore or verify operations.

This exception will appear in the job log for "Verify" or "Optimised Duplication" jobs as expected, however there isn't any way to suppress this exception. For the former, the only alternative (which i would not recommend) is to turn off verify.

jmschuurman
Level 2

Ok. Thanks for the reply.