cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error category : System Errors ; Error : e0008524

saurabh46
Level 3
Hi,

Since we have installed Windows server 2008. We are having problems in our backups with Symantec backupexec. We are currently running on Backup Exec 12 for windows servers.
I know Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider with Windows (2000 & 2003)only. But in AOFO option No matter what option we chosse in Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy service(for windows 2003 and later) it gives the below error.
Error category : System Errors
Error : e0008524 - Unable to initialize the snapshot because the Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) is not installed on the target computer.
You must install this option, restart the computer, and then run the job again.
I uninstall the remote agent from all servers and push the remote agent to target computers again and restarted them.
But i am still getting the same error.
Is AOFO option is not compatible with Windows 2008?  Please post your reply for this problem or give me the helpful response.

7 REPLIES 7

DominikG
Level 6
Partner Accredited
The time you did the push install of the RAWS, did you also choose the AOFO?
But you do not need to choose any option under AOFO in the backup job.
You only need to choose AOFO for machines before 2003 or if there is another snapshot provider causing problems...sometimes the case if also using Backup Exec System Recovery.
Windows snapshot provider will be used by default, do not activate AOFO in the backup job.

I would recommend unchecking the AOFO option and run the backup again.

best regards

Dominik

saurabh46
Level 3
 Hi, i have already done that also.

When i don,t select the AOFO it gives me the below error.

Error category    :
Error             : e000e020 - The job was scheduled to run, but the availability window closed before the job could start. There may not have been any destination devices available during the window, or the job may have been submitted to run when the window was closed.

DominikG
Level 6
Partner Accredited
To which device do you run the backup? B2D Folder? tape?
Also, how did you schedule the job?

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/280002.htm

best regards

Dominik

saurabh46
Level 3
 we are using DELL: Overland LTO4 ARCvault tape device

saurabh46
Level 3
 Hi,

I found the only error was in one of the servers, credentials check were getting failed

with error that "the remote agent in the server is not the right version or not running".

I uninstalled the the old remote agent from that server and tried to push the Remote agent from backup server.

But its giving me the error  that  " Attempt to connect to server  \\destination-server  failed with the following error : Not enough storage is available to complete this operation".

I checked on both Server each drive has ample space(more than 50 GB avg.).

What can be the possible reason of this error?

saurabh46
Level 3

Thanks for reply , I found the problem when i ran the test run

Hi,

I found the only error was in one of the servers, credentials check were getting failed

with error that "the remote agent in the server is not the right version or not running".

I uninstalled the the old remote agent from that server and tried to push the Remote agent from backup server.

But its giving me the error  that  " Attempt to connect to server  \\destination-server  failed with the following error : Not enough storage is available to complete this operation".

I checked on both Server each drive has ample space(more than 50 GB avg.).

What can be the possible reason of this error?

DominikG
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Please check if Remote Registry Service is startet on the servers.

best regards

Dominik