cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: e00081d9

jagomez_sv
Level 3

Asking for your help,

I have currently installed backup exec 15 on a Windows Server 2008 using a TL2000 powervault.

From one day to another, the server is stopped, no longer performing backups to tape my unit generating the following:

Error: e00081d9 - The system service Backup Exec Job Engine

Currently, I have carried out the following actions to solve the problem:
I restarted the service from the operating system and console BE15 without results, what happens is that the service remains in standby and does not change status to started.

I forced the computer to restart or inicar the service from the exe file

I updated the windows server and installing repaired BE15

all these actions have not yielded positive results and I do not know what else to do.

Another query I have is:
What should I do if I take the decision to reinstall the operating system BE15; to restore the information that I have stored on my tapes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jagomez_sv
Level 3

Thanks for the support.

I made the suggestion and the problem continues.

I have two questions:
What files do I need support if I decide to reinstall both the operating system and the BE15?

My other question is, what would happen to the tapes of information if I do not make backups of the files to the catalog of my tapes?

that way could retrieve information after the new installation?

Whether or could not access that information later of the new facility?

regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Look at the Windows Eventlog to see whether there are any error messages related to this problem.

Check

1) the BKUPEXEC service is started

2) try re-entering the credentials for the BE service.

If you want to re-install BE, make a copy of the Data and Catalog directories under the BE installation directory first

jagomez_sv
Level 3

Thanks for the support.

I made the suggestion and the problem continues.

I have two questions:
What files do I need support if I decide to reinstall both the operating system and the BE15?

My other question is, what would happen to the tapes of information if I do not make backups of the files to the catalog of my tapes?

that way could retrieve information after the new installation?

Whether or could not access that information later of the new facility?

regards

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Read the last sentence of my previous comment.

If you did not backup the catalog, you can inventory and catalog the tapes in the new installation.

jagomez_sv
Level 3

Thank you very much for the help.

Just let you know that in the end make a new installation of the BE15 and I had no problem inventorying the old tapes.

regards