cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: e0009413 - An error occurred during the snapshot cleanup, or could not locate a snapped volume from which to back up

mdzale
Level 3
Hello!

I'm using Symantec BE 2010.

I started to backup file server which is on Windosw 2000 server this message keeps to appear:

Error category : System Errors
Error : e0009413 - An error occurred during the snapshot cleanup, or could not locate a snapped volume from which to back up.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-37907

Logon account : System Logon Account
Encryption used : None
Agent used : Yes
Advanced Open File Option used : Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP)

I have tried everything that is under this link ( V-79-57344-37907 ) but it didn't help.

Does anyone knows the solution?

Regards,
Marinko Dzale

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mdzale
Level 3
I resolved this problem with only simple restart of that file server.
Regards,
Marinko Dzale

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Did u check the follogwing doc http://support.veritas.com/docs/276343 ?
From Backup Exec 12.5, the VSP driver will only get installed on a Windows 2000 server or a Windows 2000/XP workstation

Use the Advanced Open File Option Wizard to increase the maximum cache file size or change the cache file location on the target machine.  To change the Symantec VSP default settings using the AOFO wizard:
On the Tools menu, select Wizards, and then click Advanced Open File Option Wizard
At the cache file settings, uncheck the option for Use defaults and select the another or different location on the same server.
uncheck the option for "Have Backup Exec calculate the initial and maximum size of the cache file" and specify the initial and maximum cache file size
note : The maximum size cannot be smaller than the initial size. If the maximum size is calculated to be smaller than the initial size, Backup Exec sets the maximum size to match the initial size. The maximum size should be set before setting the initial size.

mdzale
Level 3

Yes I have tried that also but it didn't help at all.

Any other suggestions? Anyone from Symantec support?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Is BE 2010 loaded on the Windows 2000 file server?  If it is, then this is an unsupported configuration.  BE 2010 cannot use Windows 2000 as a media server.  Check the SCL below.

http://download1.veritas.com/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/329254.pdf

If the Windows 2000 file server is a remote server, try pushing out the remote agent again and make sure that you specify AOFO when you do the push.  After pushing out the remote agent, re-boot your file server.

mdzale
Level 3
Media server is hosted on Windows server 2008 Enterprise x64 fully updated.
Backup exec 2010 is also fully updated. 
File server is Windows 2000 Advanced server.

I will try this:
"If the Windows 2000 file server is a remote server, try pushing out the remote agent again and make sure that you specify AOFO when you do the push.  After pushing out the remote agent, re-boot your file server."

Thank you,
Marinko Dzale

mdzale
Level 3
I resolved this problem with only simple restart of that file server.
Regards,
Marinko Dzale