cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error e0009563 when trying to backup VM-machine

Ralf_Gerresheim
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Everytime when I try to backup a vritual machine, I get e0009563 ("a time limit is exceeded when  trying to send a command to virtual center or ESX server.

My VMware-admin told me that he was able to perform a manual backup of the virtual machine from the VCB-Proxy.

My configuration: VCB-Proxy and BE Media-server are on different machines. (The problem that it wasn't possible to browse the virtual center in the selection list I had too, but was solved with the hint given in this Forum: remove Gateway adress on Media-server).

My BE Media-server is on a W2k3 with SP2; .Net 2.0 with SP1 is installed.

Media server and VCB-proxy are in differet Active Directories. Name Resolution works.

The link in the error-log doesn't work, it is not possible to find any information about this error number in the knowledge base.

Does anyone has the problem, too. And who knows a solution?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Haraven
Not applicable

We experienced the same problem, out of a sudden, since it has been working fairly well before. We got the exact same error code as you.

After some searching, I found this article:http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/313318.htm

Copy paste from that article:

Cause:

When .NET loads signed assemblies (DLLs), it performs a security check to verify that the certificates used to sign the assemblies have not been revoked. In doing so, .NET attempts to contact a server on the Internet. If that server is unreachable or slow to respond, the loading of any .NET application or assembly can be delayed.

Workaround:

To resolve the issue follow the steps listed below:

1.On the Media Server open hosts file located in the path 'C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\'.

2. Add following entry in the hosts file:

127.0.0.1     crl.verisign.com

3. Save the changes in hosts file.

4. Expand the VirtualCenter in backup selection list in Backup Exec console.

---

This did the trick for me - the media server does not have access to the internet, and thus we could be dealing with a revoked certificate. At least the jobs are now running fine, will see tomorrow if they concluded properly.

The media server is Windows 2003, 64bit.