cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error e000fe09 after updating the version 20.3 TO 20.4

amda01
Level 3
I use BE to backup a Qnap NAS and everything worked perfectly with version 20.3 until I decided to upgrade my BE to version 20.4. From that moment all the works end with the error of "directory not valid" e000fe09. From what I have been able to verify the work is finished and the copy is made, but absolutely all the works end as "failed", I have reviewed all the obvious, but I do not see anything wrong configured, the copy is of a NAS and the destination of the copies is a network path (\\ nas \ veritas). Does anyone know what can happen? Can somebody help me? THANK YOU!!
8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Did you make sure that 20.4 supported that device?

DCA-IT
Level 4

I've had a similar problem. I believe it's because you cannot install a Backup Exec remote agent on the NAS despite being able to copy the actual data. I ran a test restore to NAS and even though all of the data copied from the tape to the NAS, BE marked the job as failed.

Backup Exec has problems with NAS devices due to this lack of agent. It cannot run incremental or differential jobs, even if you specify them as such, it will always run a full job in its place.

The Nas is QNAP a linux that until I actulize to 20.4 the jobs were executed perfectly without the agent installed. What you comment on the incremental and complete works, it is solved if you mark the option of "Copy method by bit of file" and not date and time of modification.

the support has not told me otherwise, also I've noticed that the archives are copying

Strange that didn't work for us. I tried Archive Bit and Modified Time but this made no difference to the job, it still ran as a full. When I spoke with Veritas Support, they told me this was because there is no agent on the NAS and incremental/differential jobs are not supported.

Well, if it's good for you, I'll make sure that when I change the configuration to a bit the incremental work started to be done normally, without the linux agent in the nas qnap

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I would suggest that you stick to full backups for your NAS rather than trying to make incr/diff work.  The latter is unsupported so you are on your own if you find that there are missing files.

I have verified that also the complete copies, fail as the incremental ones. Only works less than 1 GB