cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in back up

Tina_Hertzel
Level 3
We are getting an error when we back up - Backups failing with error "The media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine SERVERNAME." A fix was posted yesterday. We are on 12.5, service pack 3. The fix mentioned specific items that show in the event log. Those do not appear in our log. Any suggestions?
9 REPLIES 9

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

1xt thing to check ---Remote agent service is running Incase if it has failed check the event log for the errors
Check if any network issue , check conflict with another software i.e antivirus any scan ...

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Workaround: Turn off "display progress indicators for backup jobs" from Tools | Options | Settings | Preferences

OR try this
http://support.veritas.com/docs/255174

Could you please post the job logs as the information provided is not sufficient for any conclusion.

Tina_Hertzel
Level 3
I have attached the job log.  The Remote Agent is running on the comptuer. 

The server running backup exec and the "remote" computer that gives the error are in fact the same computer - for us - Birmingham.

Tina_Hertzel
Level 3
I have attached the job log.  The Remote Agent is running on the comptuer. 

The server running backup exec and the "remote" computer that gives the error are in fact the same computer - for us - Birmingham.

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

The Remote agent dies by the time of verify, try unchecking the verify option and also uncheck "utility partition" from backups...till the time I will verify the logs. If possible attach the job logs in .mht format...

Tina_Hertzel
Level 3

The system will not let me load an MHT file.  I have loaded it as a DOC file

Dev_T
Level 6
Are there any events for backup exec on the remote server by Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 11:13:53 PM?

Tina_Hertzel
Level 3
The attached error is what shows in the event log.  The "remote" server and the server running the actual back-up job are in fact the same server.  I am not sure that it matters.

Thanks for your help! 

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

1. Run live update and install all the updates
2. Make sure the remote agent on the Media server is running under local system account .
3. Try recreating the backup Job