Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in backup job not described

donk2000cl
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Any know about the following error:

I make a backup job for Information Store of Exchange 2007, with GRT. The job ends with error: e0001904

Failure occurred querying the status of the editor. Publisher Name: Exchange Server, publisher ID: {76FE1AC4-15F7-987E-8E1ACB462FB7 4BCD-}, Last error: The VSS Writer failed, but the operation can be retried (0x800423f3), State: Error during For additional information about of this error, go to the link V-79-57344-6404 (Sorry the message is in Spanish and I put it in google translator).

The Event Viewer sent the same message with ID 34113

Well the link does not exist.

Carlos Espinoza

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Carlos,

If you're using AOFO, turn it off...it isn't recommended to use AOFO when backing up databases.

That error refers to VSS which BE uses to snapshot the Exchange DB.

Do the following from a command prompt on the affected server:

1. type: vssadmin list writers

2. Check and make sure all your VSS writers are stable and running.

3. Any writers NOT stable and running are in error. A restart of the server normally fixes this. If not, and the OS is Server 2003, there is a VSS Rollup Patch you can download and run. If this still doesn't resolve it, follow the Symantec TN below to reregister the VSS *.dlls:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH70486

As always, also make sure your media server is fully patched and that you have push-installed these patches to any remote servers you have.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

Hi Carlos,

If you're using AOFO, turn it off...it isn't recommended to use AOFO when backing up databases.

That error refers to VSS which BE uses to snapshot the Exchange DB.

Do the following from a command prompt on the affected server:

1. type: vssadmin list writers

2. Check and make sure all your VSS writers are stable and running.

3. Any writers NOT stable and running are in error. A restart of the server normally fixes this. If not, and the OS is Server 2003, there is a VSS Rollup Patch you can download and run. If this still doesn't resolve it, follow the Symantec TN below to reregister the VSS *.dlls:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH70486

As always, also make sure your media server is fully patched and that you have push-installed these patches to any remote servers you have.

Thanks!

donk2000cl
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I will review your information, then I will tell you about it.

donk2000cl
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Your right Craig,

My problem was that I activated AOFO, after I un-checked this option the jobs works better.

But, sometimes an error appears it said: Exchange 2007 Backup to disk fails with V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options. The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file: ' n/a '

Well there are a document (TECH142005) that say that it is solved with a patch in BE 2010 R2. The problem is that my product is BE 2010 R3 and I applied all hotfix that LiveUpdate found.

Any knows if this problem reappears in the BE 2010 R3?

Regards,

Carlos Espinoza

CraigV

BE 2010 R3 fixes a number of issues with the previous 2 versions. But AOFO is never recommended when backing up DBs...that's pointed out in the Admin Guide for all versions.