Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing BE2010.

Bhaskar_Sahay
Level 2
Employee Accredited
Hi,

I am trying to install BE2010 on Vmware ESX guest running 2GB RAM and 120GB Hard Drive. As part of the Environment Check, i get an error ' \BE\WINNT\INSTALL\VxValidator32\VxValidatorOps.dll is not a valid windows image'.  Running the VxValidate.exe through command line also fails, giving an error 'Program too big to fit in memory'. 

Any pointers to resolve this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Bhaskar Sahay.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bhaskar_Sahay
Level 2
Employee Accredited
No it dint work. Finally i downloaded an eval copy from Symantec website, and its installation succeded. Earlier i was trying to install from a FileConnect download.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

Are you able to continue with the installation? I have received the same message before, and ignored the error, while going on to do a successful restore.

Laters!

Bhaskar_Sahay
Level 2
Employee Accredited
Hi,

If i ignore this error and continue, the installation fails at the later stage, while installing Microsoft Visual C++2005 SP1 Redistributable. This happens even though i have installed Visual C++ 2005 SP1 separately. Overall, the installation doesnt complete.

Cheers. 

Bhaskar_Sahay
Level 2
Employee Accredited
At the log, i get the following error : 'Failed to extract VC 8.0 SP1 runtime package. Error code 1603.'

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

Download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) and install BE2010 again.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en

Dev_T
Level 6
Any news here?

Bhaskar_Sahay
Level 2
Employee Accredited
No it dint work. Finally i downloaded an eval copy from Symantec website, and its installation succeded. Earlier i was trying to install from a FileConnect download.