cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error loading Sony AIT SDX-260V (IDE) Drivers

Bob_Provencher
Level 3
This tape drive has been functioning for about 6 months. Recently the motherboard of the system had to be replaced. After the replacement, our tape drive showed "offline." Sony diagnostics say the drive is fine. We attempted to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. The install either fails with an error message, about a SCSI device or simply hangs, or completes but the drive is still not listed in the devices. We have tried everything including a complete reinstall of BE. We need help quickly as our backup server and $1000 backup software is not much use to us if it can't even talk to our tape device.
10 REPLIES 10

Bob_Provencher
Level 3
Here is more information. This is the output from the latest try:

Updating VERITAS inf file
Removing SCSI\SequentialSONY____SDX-260V________0100
Installing VERITAS "sonysdx.sys" for "SCSI\SequentialSONY____SDX-260V________0100"
Driver load failure 0x800F020B for SCSI\SequentialSONY____SDX-260V________0100
The device instance does not exist in the hardware tree.

Installing VERITAS "sonysdx.sys" for "IDE\SequentialSONY_SDX-260V___________________________0100____"
Installation complete.

Note there is ONLY 1 tape drive in the system. It is an IDE drive, there are no SCSI devices in the system at all. After this, the dialog only gives me a "back" option. There is no "complete" option and the device is still not available.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Is the device recognised by windows? Please check out the following document as well:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/237047

Thanks,

Asma

Bob_Provencher
Level 3
Asma -

Windows correctly recognizes the device and installs the Sony driver. BE 9.1 does not recognize it with the Sony drivers, does not allow me to use them and does not correctly replace them with the latest Veritas drivers.

I'll check the document you referenced.

-- Bob

Bob_Provencher
Level 3
I checked the document you mentioned. The device is on the latest HCL for 9.1. The firmware is 1.0.0 and we updated it to the latest found on sony's site to be safe. We also updated to the latest Sony drivers. None of these succeeded.

Why don't you simply supply your drivers as dll's with inf files so they can be directly installed?

At any rate I am dead in the water and have not been able to back up (or restore) since Saturday.

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Hi Bob,

You mention you have the latest Sony drivers installed.
I would recommend stopping the BE services, and then ensure you can perform a test backup with ntbackup.

If this works, leave the services disabled, and have a go at running tapeinst.exe. Ensure you tick the "use plug and play drivers" box when doing so.

If that still fails, you don't actually need the Veritas drivers- indeed, often they cause issues.

Simply start the BE services, leave your OEM driver installed, open Veritas and run the "Device Configuration Wizard".

Once done, cycle services again and determine if you can use BE to perform a backup to the drive in question.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We request you to update us on this issue.

Thanks,

Bob_Provencher
Level 3
When attempting to use the OEM drivers, the drive does not show up in the list of drives, even though windows can see it.

I have now been down for 5 days.

Bob_Provencher
Level 3
I brought the services down and was able to due a backup with NTBACKUP. The device still is not available in the device wizard.

Bob_Provencher
Level 3
I tried the latest suggestions, still no good.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly check if the Rsm Service is disabled..

Thank you,

Shweta