cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message about halfinchVRTS

Stanislav_Melom
Level 3
The error message :"The following boot-start or system-star driver(s) failed to load: halfinchVRTS "
appears in the System Log. I can't find this file on the harddisk.It's seem to me that is a BackupExec 9.1 file.
How can I correct this error?
4 REPLIES 4

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

- What is the event id that you are receiving?
- Have you installed SYMANTEC drivers?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Stanislav_Melom
Level 3
1.The event ID was: 7026 from source: Service Control Manager!
2.After installing BackupExecTapeDeviceInstall_273838 I
don't recieve any error message!

Linda_Ryder
Level 2
I am having the exact issue. I just updated the firmware on my Dell Ultrium 2 LTO tape drive and upon reboot, received and error within the event view. Event ID 7026. The following boot-start or system drive failed to load. halfinchVRTS. However, I am able to back up data to it. Can you tell me what this error means, and how to correct it.
Thanks!

Linda_Ryder
Level 2
The error message :"The following boot-start or system-star driver(s) failed to load: halfinchVRTS "
appears in the System Log, event ID 7026. I had just updated the firmware on my dell Ultrium2 LTO tape drive and rebooted when I received this error. Backup Exec ver 9.1 does appear to be backing up to the drive, but I am concerned I may have an issue I'm not aware of.