cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when restoring Email from B2D image

burtos
Level 5

Im trrying to restore a users inbox from a B2D image i created a few weeks ago.  When i go through the restore setup and and quite easily select the image and filter down to the mailbox i require. All individual emails are displayed so i select the inbox. 

The images are stored on teh same server as the Backup Exec software and are on the F drive, i have created a temp folder called Mail Restore still on the F drive so the restore can do its thing there.

But when i run the restore i get a failed message as below

Error category    : Resource Errors
Error             : e000848c - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.  If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection D
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33932

Clicking on the link doesnt really help as its involves enterprise vault. Just after a soultion to this.  Thanks

System Setup

Backup Exec 2010 R3

Windows Server 2008 r2

Exchange 2007

2 REPLIES 2

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Are you performing a redirect restore ? or are you tryign to restore to the original mailbox .

If performing a redirect restore make sure you type the name correct.

If the restore to orignal location is failing see if redirect restore works .

burtos
Level 5

trying to restore to the original mailbox, the only options ive changed on the restore is where the temporary storage of log and patch files is, which as you read above is f:\mail restore.

Trying the redirect restore, on the microsoft exchange redirection options, which options would be the best

Redirect Using VSS - redirect to storage group, redirect to recovery storage group, redirect to drive and path

Redirect mailboxes - redirect mailbox sets

Just a quick update

When reading through the job history of the failed job its saying that the resource name is our live mail server. Shouldnt this be the actual image name instead as this is where im restoring the emails from.