cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on "Recently Written Media" report

L__Quarton
Level 4
The report has a "range" available but must also have a hard-coded maximum on that range because when I set it up to report media used during the weekend the first 2 tapes from Friday qt 17:00 are not included in the report that is created at 23:59 Saturday night. Why is there a "range" available and what is the hard-coded max on this thing? ALSO - the PDF formatting is bad. The field mask for the name of the Media Set is about 28 characters long but my media set names are longer than that. The report runs the media set name into the media label field, over-printing it and making both unreadable. It can be resorted using MS Word, but it would be better if the PDF format was right.
Also the "Backup Resource Success Rate" report does not include all servers in the range whether you use the "Check All" button or whether you check them all manually. I have to run it in 2 parts - the first 15 or so servers in the list of protected servers and then the second half of the list of about 35 servers. What is the maximum number of servers in the report query and can it be changed to include all protected servers?
5 REPLIES 5

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi,

Are you getting any error?

Thanks.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.

L__Quarton
Level 4
Nope - no errors. Both reports run fine.
re: "Recently Written Media" I think the key word there is "recently". It seems to have a hard-coded maximum, even though the "Hours" range setting is available. Whether I run it without an entry in "Hours" or with a "30" in "hours" or with a "50" in "hours, it reports the same very recent data. And the PDF format just needs adjusting - the field mask for the column labelled "SET" is way too short. I said in the original post it caused the data in the column to overwrite Media Label, but it actually overwrites "Date and Time Modifed" - the column to the right of "Set".

Correction from my original post: The 2nd report that has a problem with ranges, in this case servers, is not the "Backup Resource Success Rate" but "Backup Set Details by Resource". Apologies.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

-what is the backup exec version do you have ?
-what version Acrobat reader installed on the Backup Server ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

L__Quarton
Level 4
I opened up case #Case 290-190-821 on this and t/t support, who of course said to install SP1 and see if it fixes the reports. I anticipated that response and already had a change control in the works for SP1.
The tech called back May 9th and I told him that SP1 didn't fix the reports so he turned the issue over to engineering to be fixed and closed the ticket.
I'll watch the digest for the fixes when they come through.

The support guys did a really good job following up and getting back to me when promised.
I am not as impressed with the testing group, as these very basic, highly visible and obvious errors should have been caught before release.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Thank you very much for the update
We are closing this post

Thanx

Gauri