cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error recover a virtual machine

ansator2
Level 2

Hi, I have the version Veritas Backup Exec 12.5 and the AGENT FOR VMWARE VIRTUAL INFRASTRUCTURE 12.5.

When I try recover a virtual machine the job has an error.

V-79-57344-38232

Restore of VMware image fails with the error "Cannot find the VMware Converter"
Doc. ID: 312028  10/22/2008

Error final: 0xe0009558 - No se puede encontrar VMware Converter. Instale VMware Converter.

Restauración- VMVCB::\\10.10.10.215\VCGuestVm\(DC)CEV(DC)\vm\MV2 VMVCB::\\10.10.10.215\VCGuestVm\(DC)CEV(DC)\vm\MV2V-79-57344-38232 - Error en la restauración de la máquina virtual 'MV2'.
can not find the Vmware converter. install vmware converter

V-79-57344-65072 -  the connection with the restoration destiny is had lost. Cancelled operation.

The Vcb Proxy server is installed in a different server of Veritas Backup.

The proxy server is a Windows 2003 server R2, with

Backup Exec Remote Agent Utility
Vmware Converter 3.0.3 build 89816
Vmware Infraestructure Client
Vmware Converter Enterprise for Virtual Center
Vmware Converter Enterprise Client 4.0.1
Vmware Consolidated Backup Framework
Vmware VirtualCenter Server

can you help me? The Vmware converter is installed in proxy server!!!

Regards.

6 REPLIES 6

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Please take a look at the technote below.  This should resolved the restore issue. 

http://support.veritas.com/docs/312028

ansator2
Level 2

The VMware converter, RAWS and VCB is  installed on the VCB Proxy server.

This tecnote I have seen. For it all open this message.

Regards

displacedraider
Level 2

I am also having this issue.  My VCB Proxy server is the same server that is the media server, and the VMware Converter 4.0.2 is installed on the box.

AscomITNL
Level 3

I had the same problem when I had installed version 4.0.2 on my server. Then I saw in the documentation that VMWare Converter 3.0.2 was a requirement, so I downloaded that from the VMWare website and my problem was solved. I downloaded VMWare Converter Update 1 Build 62456.

The only difference is that I have the VCB Proxy and Converter installed on my Backup Exec server.

I found it strange that it didn't work with a newer version of converter though...

Message Edited by AscomITNL on 01-23-2009 04:05 AM

displacedraider
Level 2

I thought I had installed the Converter 4.0.2 as well, however, I noticed, when trying on a different machine, that it was the Converter Client 4.0.2 that I installed, and once I downloaded and installed the Converter (Starter Edition) from VMware's Web Site, everything worked as it should.

I, too, have Backup Exec, VCB Proxy, and Converter installed on the same box.  VirtualCenter runs on its own box.

ogdrujahad
Level 2
I have the same so what is the best version of vmware converter I should install on my VCB proxy server?????