cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error restoring a single message

Alan_Levy
Level 3

Today I needed to restore a single Exchange mailbox message.  I selected the message from the backup set and clicked submit and returned the following error:

Final error: 0xe00084f9 - A communications failure has occurred between the Backup Exec job engine and the Agent for Windows.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34041

The server being backed up and restored is a Windows SBS 2011 server running in a Hyper V child.  The BackupExec is runing (per the install) on parent. It is version 14.0 1798.1244.

There have been zero errors in the backup jobs themselves for months now.  Last night backup was sucessful.  Can anyone provide any help here please?

Thank you,

alan

3 REPLIES 3

lmosla
Level 6

Hi,  Is the restore coming from tape?  try a adding a stage to duplicate to disk and then restore from that. 

Edit:  also make sure Backup Exec is updated to the most recent patch level.

Alan_Levy
Level 3

The restore is coming from images which live on a locally attached USB HD.  I have done this before and it has worked great - only today it did not work.  Any other suggestions?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is there an event id 1000 (relating to a crash) logged on either server ? If yes, would you post the details of that event.