cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error restoring contact to mailbox-Exchange 2007

pfeiff
Level 4
I am running into an issue restoring a single contact for a user that deleted one of their contacts by mistake.

Backup Exec 11.D Rev 7170 SP4 with hotfixes.

Windows 2003 R2 SP2 x64
Exchange 2007 Version 8.1 (Build 240.6) With the latested service packs.

The account running the restore is the same account that is used to backup the data.

I am trying to restore the contact directly to the users mailbox.

The error message that the system gives me when the job fails is:

Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again. Final error category: Resource Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33932

Any thoughts?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

We are facing some credential issues:

For exchange backups and restores we require following rights for the Backup Exec Service Account.
1  : Unique name (first 5 letters)
2  : Mailbox Enabled account
3  : Not hidden from the Global Address list
4  : Send as Receive as permissions
5  : Exchange Full Admin
6  : Domain Admin and Local Admin for Exchange if Exchange is not a Domain Controller.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

We are facing some credential issues:

For exchange backups and restores we require following rights for the Backup Exec Service Account.
6  : Domain Admin and Local Admin for Exchange if Exchange is not a Domain Controller.

pfeiff
Level 4
Hey Dev,

Thanks for helping me out here, I gave my service account Full Permissions using the following command on the mailboxes:

get-mailboxes | add-mailboxpermission -User <admin username> -AccessRights FullAccess

The only thing I did not do is make the account visable to the address book, I don't see why that would be a requirement. I tried again to restore the contact information for the user's mailbox and bub-kis.....same error as before.

Any addition ideas?

Thanks and happy holidays.

hemant_chugh
Level 3
Certified
Please check backup exec services are running on same account  and BESA account  should be same and then run restore ..

Else you can redirect to a new mail box create a new user and  a mailbox send an email and  enable mailbox run a redirect restore  of  the  original user mail box to new user mail box and then create pst and import it ..

Note : Create a new back up and see if you are able to see you exchange server and drill upto a single email.. 

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

The Mail Account must not be hidden from the GAA, as the the account is responsible for Backing up all the Mailboxes.

Please read the following Article for GRT based Backups and Restores:

Understanding GRT Backup and Restore functionality in Symantec Backup Exec
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/understanding-grt-backup-and-restore-functionality-...

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

The Mail Account must not be hidden from the GAL, as the the account is responsible for Backing up all the Mailboxes.

Please read the following Article for GRT based Backups and Restores:

Understanding GRT Backup and Restore functionality in Symantec Backup Exec
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/understanding-grt-backup-and-restore-functionality-...

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello Hemant,

Did you read the previous thread?

Everything is already configured, only the Mail Account is hidden from the GAL...Insteed of helping, you are performing COPY-->PASTE

pfeiff
Level 4

Sorry took so long to get back to you guys, I removed the option to hide the backup account from the GAL and tried my restore job again and it completed without any errors. I am waiting on the end user to confirm success and once that happens or doesn't happen I'll return to report the status.

Thanks again.

Dev_T
Level 6
If this answers your question, please mark this as the solution.

Dev_T
Level 6
any news here?