cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error restoring from Backup2Disk folder

phudz
Level 2

We are consistantly encountering an error when trying to run a restore.

Our setup is - a Windows 2008 R2 server running Backup Exec 2010 R3. The is backing up (amongst other things) 3 Mac Servers. The Full backups are going to Tape and then there are Differentials going to a Backup2Disk folder and then, once a week, to tape.

The problem is that when we try to restore from the differential on the Backup2Disk folder the job fails with the error:

"Final error: 0xe00084ca - The data being read from the media is inconsistent".

The backup itself runs with no trouble. Verification is on and no errors are reported. The are no tapes involved in this restore so it is not to do with tape problems.

The only way I can get a restore to succeed is if there are no files and only a folder structure in the selected items - not much help!

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Try running a catalog on the b2d file which contains the backup .

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Where the B2D folder is located? Is it local to the server or on any networked storage like NAS?

Thanks...

phudz
Level 2

Thanks, unfortuanately running a catalog against that media also result in an error.

"Catalog 00102 -- The job failed with the following error: The data being read from the media is inconsistent."

phudz
Level 2

It is on another Windows server.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

I guess teh b2d file from which you are tryign to restore is corrupt. Does this happens with all the bkf files ...

Go tools-Options--Catalog--UNCHECK "USED STORAGE BASED MEDIA CATALOGS" Try running catalog again see if that helps

It can be the backup jobs on those files were not completed successfully

phudz
Level 2

Thanks. I am rerunning the catalog jobs now but they are stuck in a queue behind a couple of backup jobs. Will get back with how they go.

From testing I ran this morning it would appear that we are having problems with all our Differential backups to the B2D folder but Incremental jobs are working fine. At the moment I can not be sure on cause and effect as they are backing up different data but hopefully I should be able to run a more conclusive test this evening.

It does not seem to be down to individual bkf files - there are several hundred and I have tested a random handful.