cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error restoring mailbox - moved database DAG group

Moltron1
Level 5

Hello -

I'm having an error restoring a mailbox.  Backups of Exchange 2013 DAG have been completing fine all along.  Recently one of the MBX DB's were moved to another DAG member.  The restore I'm trying to do is from before that move, and the error message I get says V-79-57344-6017 - Database Database was not found, or could not be accessed.  I can restore a recent back to PST just fine from the same mailbox. 

Assuming that moving the mailbox database caused this - how can I resolve this?  I tried moving the DB back to the other server in the DAG and tried the restore, but got the same message.

Thanks for your help!

1 REPLY 1

W0VV
Level 3
Employee

Hi Moltron

In this case what you need to do is a redirect restore.

Select the DAG that have the backup you want to restore > Restore > Microsoft Exchange > Microsoft Exchange Server Datbase or Storage Groups > Select the Database and time backup you want to restore > To a different location ( Type the name of the exchange server where the database reside) > Select "Redirect to a database or storage group" then in "Database or recoovery database" type the name of the database" > "How do you want to restore the dabase or Storage Groups" select you desire option here, I imagine you will want to purge the existing data > "Where do you want to temporarily store log and patch files" > "Do you want to bring the store online after this restore completes" > next > next > finish.

You should be good after this.