cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error upon backup

squatman
Level 2

Hi there,

After running a full backup of our SBS 2008 Exchange 2007 server I get the following error:

Job Completion Status 

Job ended: 28 April 2013 at 03:11:02
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-759

Errors 

Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- \\SERVER\Microsoft Information Store\Second Storage GroupV-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation.  The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file:  '-4001 A read was issued to a location beyond the EOF (writes will expand the file). '

Backup- \\SERVER\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage GroupV-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation.  The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file:  '-4001 A read was issued to a location beyond the EOF (writes will expand the file). '
I have clicked the support link:

But none of the articles listed relate directly to my error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

See this document for a possible solution.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH188158

squatman
Level 2

pkh,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately after maknig this change and trying full backup again, I get the same problem.

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

move onhosttemp to any other drive and test the backup. Also run B2dtest tool from BE Install path to verify the backup destination is allright