Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when installing patchs

Ole_Aggerholm
Level 3
When installing BE5484RHF16_275899.exe i get the error:

Install Wizard error

The wizard was interrupted before VERITAS backup Exe for Windows server could be completely installed.

Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.
9 REPLIES 9

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
In view of the query put forward, we would suggest you please refer the following technote

The wizard was interrupted before VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.x/10.x for Windows Servers could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run the installation again.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/267689.htm

We hope this helps. Let us know if the problem still exists and revert back with the error message.

Ole_Aggerholm
Level 3
There was no file names bkupinst.log on the C: drive

The server is running Server2003 SP1

JohanArvin
Level 2
I got the same problem but with this patch
Be5484RHF17_276158.exe

And there is no information in the bkupinst.log.

Level 3
I have the exact same error when I was trying to install the latest Veritas tape driver. And there are no error or information at all logged in the bkupinst.log. Very frustrated situation!!!

JohanArvin
Level 2
I dont have SP1 for Windows 2003 installed.
So I installed Windows Installer 3.1 and that solved my problem.
I think Windows Installer 3.1 is in SP1 for Windows Server 2003 so it might not help you.

Level 3
All of our servers already had Windows install 3.1 installed. And they all have Windows 2000 with sp4. Any other suggestion?

Not applicable
Had the same with BE10 and w2k3 sp1. Gone when reinstalled BE. Before had several BE "add/remove options" - IMHO wrong BE config.

Ole_Aggerholm
Level 3
I don't think that reinstall is a option, we have many servers in our BE config - and it will requires a lot of work to setup BE again

Ole_Aggerholm
Level 3
I ran the VxValidate.exe yesterday, and it told that my AOFO (Open file Option) was a older version . (even I have installed v10 with a v10 serial number for AOFO) – then I ran the install program, and removed the AOFO serial number. Restarted the server, ran the install program again and added the AOFO serial number and installed the client. Restarted the server one more time.

Installed BE 10 SP1 again – and the I could install the BE hotfixes that I had problems with (7, 14 and 16)

My guess that it was the reinstalling of SP1 that solved the problem

The remove and install of the AOFO did not solve the problem with AOFO detects and older version of the client. I will make a new case with this problem.