cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when sharing deduplication storage from CAS server "Sequence contains more than one element"

Escape_be
Level 4
Partner Accredited

all instances Backup Exec 2012 SP3, all up-to-date via liveupdate.

Have a CAS server sharing its deduplication storage folder to 2 MBE's already.

Want to share to an extra MBE, upon click OK to share, resulting in the message "Sequence contains more than one element", from there can only cancel.

Restarted all (incl. deduplication) services already, does not help.

Could not find any reference for this message in forum or on www.

any explanation & solution welcome.

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hello,

Could you please install Backup Exec 2012 Service Pack 4 on all your servers? http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH212772

Also, regarding the third Managed Media Server(MMS), could you check if the Device and Media data of (MMS) is located on the Central Admin Server (CAS).

Note: I've seen error messages like that when there were issues with some files associated to the dependencies. You may have to perform a Repair Installation if the above steps do not fix it. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hello,

Could you please install Backup Exec 2012 Service Pack 4 on all your servers? http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH212772

Also, regarding the third Managed Media Server(MMS), could you check if the Device and Media data of (MMS) is located on the Central Admin Server (CAS).

Note: I've seen error messages like that when there were issues with some files associated to the dependencies. You may have to perform a Repair Installation if the above steps do not fix it. 

Escape_be
Level 4
Partner Accredited

hi ssid3009,

thanks for your comment.

Ididn't realize there was a SP4 for 2012... How come it didn't get installed via LiceUpdate? I only got information about upcoming SP4 via LiveUpdate...

I will download, install and check result. will report upon completion.

Ben

Escape_be
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi sidd3009,

Problem solved, SP4 did the trick.

congratiulations, I marked your input as the solution.

best regards, Ben

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hello Ben,

Glad to know that it worked! Regarding your question about Service Pack 4 availability; Service Pack 4 had a GA date of 13th March 2014. Ideally, within 14 days of the GA date, Support and Engineering evaluate the release status to determine the Live Update Availability Date.  The Live Update posting then becomes available approximately two days after decision to post. Until then, users and partners need to manually download and install the package.