cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with Backup Exec 2014 when I backup Exchange 2010

Khoaingo
Level 2

Hi everyone,

For the past week, I've been backup my Exchange. I tried to backup one database in exchange, it's ok noproblem. But the next week, I want backup another database in exchange it's have error:

V-79-57344-34070 - Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Sn... Snapshot technology error (0xE0008516): The database specified for the snapshot was not backed up be...

I check my exchange all databases are mounted and the VSS list writes are all stable. I try to restart my exchange and start backup again, but get the same errors.

Any suggestion to resolve this problem ?

3 REPLIES 3

lmosla
Level 6

It may be a credentials/account prolem as described in this post  https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-2010-r3-and-exchange-mailbox-database

If not then check the event logs for more information on what might have caused conflicts during the back up job.

also, can you schedule a reboot of the Exchange server?

Khoaingo
Level 2

@Imosla : I have checked right account used to backup exchange,it's have right enough to backup. I have restarted my exchange server about three - four times but when restart completed have the same error.

Any sugguestion my problem ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If AOF is enabled in your job, disable it.  If this does not work, then enable AOF and specify the Microsoft provider, instead of Automatic.