cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors using agent.be on Linux

Ralph_Weaver
Level 2
We were running fine for quite some time, then starting about two weeks ago we started getting this error on several of the servers running the linux agent.be:

Final error: 0xa000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server.
Final error category: Security Errors

So in an effort to rectify this we upgrade from Veritas 9.0 BE to Veritas 9.1 BE, now ALL of the servers are giving that error.

Here is a sample of the configuration (the servers are nearly mirror images.)
---agent.cfg---
name SERVERNAME
export /opt as opt
tell nas1.prcontrol.com
tell_interval 30
exclude_dir /dev
exclude_dir /proc
---agent.cfg---

The backup exec server (windows) can see the clients and you can browse selections but an attempt to restore or backup anything on the server results in the error I had above. I've download the most recent agent_be.tar from the veritas site and it yields the same results. The agent.be process itself runs as root.

Ideas? Suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3

Ralph_Weaver
Level 2
I've tried up grading and downgrading the client as far as I could find archived clients on the web also, this didn't have any effect on the situation either.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Ralph,

Have you tried entering the IP and the Servername of your Linux machine in the HOSTS file of the Backup Exec server. Also add the IP and the Servername of your Backup Exec server in the HOSTS file of the Linux machine .

Restart both the Backup Exec as well as the Linux server.

Hope this helps!

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Ralph,

Have you tried entering the IP and the Servername of your Linux machine in the HOSTS file of the Backup Exec server. Also add the IP and the Servername of your Backup Exec server in the HOSTS file of the Linux machine .

Restart both the Backup Exec as well as the Linux server.

Hope this helps!

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.