cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluation copy of the Advanced Open File Option expired, although used for more than a year?

MrWizard
Level 3
Partner

Hi,

One of our clients has been using Backup Exec 10d for over a year with AOFO enabled, suddenly (on the 20th of August) Backup Exec 10d started complaining:
"Your evaluation copy of the Advanced Open File Option has expired. To obtain a license for the Open File Option product, contact your Backup Exec solution provider. The backup will continue with out using the Advanced Open File Option."
Leaving the job status as  "Failed" and generating AOFO related errors: "0xe000fec2 - A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle." or "0xe000fe2d - The backup of the item is bad."

The support doc's provided by Symantec tell me to do one of the following:
* Add valid serial numbers (The current license used is SBS Edition (Premium), as it is installed on a SBS 2003 server. Have to admit : Don't know if AOFO is included with this license)
* Install AOFO
* Disable AOFO

As far as I know AOFO has been used since they started using BE 10d, which is a pretty long time ago. The problem is that the job logs only go back to the 3rd of June. Depending on the way BE counts the evaluation days this date is just within the range or just out of range. If it is within the range I do not have any older logs to confirm they have been using AOFO longer than the evaluation period. Which means I have to assume they have been using AOFO longer than 60 days.(I hate going with assumptions, because they are mostly wrong.)

Anyway: any ideas on this one?

Regards,

Erik
-------------------------------------------
MCSE 2003. MCITP 2008 EA

1 REPLY 1

Ktendolkar
Level 3
Partner
HI,

Install BE 10D and insert the license on a test machine.
Verify and let me know.

REgards
KT