cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event 33152 Adamm Mover Error: Unload Status Retry!

Lars-Erik_Hulti
Level 2
My problem is exactly as described in this article: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264273.htm

The difference is that I am already using ver 10D.
I am using a tape device HP Dat72 USB an my server i a "no name" P4, 3GHz
with win2k server sp4.
6 REPLIES 6

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Are there any other tape drive related events present in the event viewer ? Is the tape drive well detected by Windows ? Have you checked if the drive is compatible with BE in its HCL ? Since when the error is occuring ?

Kindly update.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Lars-Erik_Hulti
Level 2
"Hello,

Are there any other tape drive related events present in the event viewer ?
Yes, after that event I got about 20 "Please remove the media from the drive.", but nothing else. Is the tape drive well detected by Windows ? Yes
Have you checked if the drive is compatible with BE in its HCL ?
I don't know where to find the list, but I was recommended this HP drive (from my dealer) for best compability.Since when the error is occuring ? This is a new server with a new drive, and the error has always been there, but I found out myself that if I don't use the parameter "Eject media after job completes" I don't get the error. However, this drive runs every night on schedule, and I prefer that if someone might forget to change the tape some day, it is better that the one day old tape not is overwritten. (I use a schedule with five tapes, Monday to Friday, so I can always go back one, up to five days, depending on what I might need to restore.)

This is not a big problem for me, because the error only occurs when the tape is going to be ejected. I have found out that both the backup and the verify is completed before the error message occurs.
However, I don't change the tapes myself (My secretary does, because I travel a lot.) and she don't know anything about servers and backup's, so I the easy instruction is: "Only replace the tape if it is ejected." That is because than it is easy to see if the question comes: "Did I change the tape this morning?"
(Excuse my bad english.)

Regards
Lars-Erik Hultin

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Thanks for the update.

You can configure Backup Exec to respond to the media alerts automatically. You can refer to the below mentioned technote for the procedure:

How to configure Backup Exec 9.x and 10.x for Windows Servers to respond to alerts automatically
http://support.veritas.com/docs/254685

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Lars-Erik_Hulti
Level 2
I don't know what's happening now...
I tried to use the document in your answer, and now nothing seems to work.
The Job status has been "Running" for the last 20 hours, but the tape backup did not do anything. I ejected the tape and nothing else happened, job status is still "Running"

I tried to cancel the job, an then the status changed to "Cancel pending" and nothing more happened for the nest 30 minutes, so i tried, just to see if anything more would happen, to set the job on hold, so now the status is "cancel pending;on hold" and i cant make anything more happen. In the event log there is no errors, but more than 50 events "Media remove" since yesterday.

Is there not any kind of phone support that doesn't cost an arm and a leg that I can use to get this thing working? If I ask questions here and get the answer two days later, I guess it might take me at least a month to make this work.
I bough the tape backup and the program in December 2005 and I can still not use it.
English is not my first language so I have some problems to understand some settings in BackupExec, but I can 't say it is easy to configure.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

What is the error mesasge in the application or system event log?

Please elaborate your setup.

Please note that telephone support is a paid option.

http://support.veritas.com/prodlist_path_phone.htm

For the latest details on pricing, please visit http://support.veritas.com/srv_portfolio/srvc_pricing_matrix.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Lars-Erik_Hulti
Level 2
Hi.
You can se the error and the problem description in my question at the top. I'm not sure that this is a reel problem... The problem might bee that I can't understand how to configure. A good thing, just for godwill would be if you can get some free phone-support, just to get started. Backupexec is not a lowbuget-program to buy, so I think Symantec can aford that.

Now I am looking for help from some friends, that have used the program earlier, because I don't seem to get any help here.