cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event id : 34113 - Snapshot technology error (0xE000FED1).

Stephen_Keating
Level 4

Hello

I am running BackupExec 2014, ver 14.1 Rev 1786, which is running on a Windows server 2008R2 Standard. I am backing up Exchange 2010, on a Server 2008R2 Stnadard. I am having the Writer failing error. When I do the vssadmin list writers command, I get this:

Writer name: 'Microsoft Exchange Writer'
Writer Id: {76fe1ac4-15f7-4bcd-987e-8e1acb462fb7}
Writer Instance Id: {ec553ac7-7968-488d-a9be-b69e1fa16f42}
State: [1] Stable
Last error: No error

I have seen where rebooting the mail server will solve this, but do I have to do this every night? I have restarted both the BackupExec client and the Volume Copy service, but now even that does not cause the backup to complete successfully. Attached  is the error message. Like others, evrything was running fine, and I had not done any updates for either BackupExec or Microsoft.

Thanks

Stephen Keating

1 REPLY 1

NeerT
Level 4

1. Try recreating the job and see if that works.

2. Usually rebooting should fix the issue.

3. If you could share the <servername-beremote-AlwaysOnLog-<MatchingTimestamp>.log from C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Logs that will provide some additional information to find the exact cause of the issue

4. Check for any other Provider that you have on the Exchange Server. Like Software of HardWare provider. You can run "Vssadmin List Providers" to check the list of providers on the server.