cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 Recovery to new server using BE12 GRT

JamesLuna
Level 2

Hello,

I am trying to restore my entire exchange environment to a new server (unlike hardware).  I have the new server built and patched to the same level as my old server (installed exchange using /DisasterRecovery switch).  Joined to the domain, pushed out remote BE agent from media server.

When I try to run the restore of the Microsoft Information Store (full backup of First Storage Group (Mailbox Store, Public Folder Store, and Registered Reps).  It bombs out after 20 minutes with the following error:

----------------------

Restore- \\server\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group

Access denied to database Mailbox Store (server).

Error writing to file data.

Access denied to database Mailbox Store (server).

Error writing to file data.

Unable to restore the selected Microsoft Exchange database 'Public Folder Store (server) ' because it is currently mounted.  Use the Exchange System Manager to dismount it, and then retry the job.

-------------------------

The database is not mounted btw (exchange install with /DisasterRecovery switch).

Is there something I am not doing here? 

Any help or tips would be great!

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Have you done all that is outlined in the Admin Guide starting on page 1238?

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/297830.pdf

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 06-27-2008 02:06 PM

JamesLuna
Level 2

Thanks for the link Ken. 

There is still some confusion though:

•  The Storage groups and databases must already exist on the target server, and must have the same names as the original storage groups or databases .
-I have not restored any data yet, so how can these databases already exist?
-Does it mean the data that was pulled from AD using the /DisasterRecovery switch on the exchange install?
  • The destination server must have the same Org and Admin group names as the source server.

-I did install the new server with the same hostname, reset the accoun in AD and installed the BA remote agent.

• The destination databases must be configured so they can be overwritten.
-This is done by default with the exchange install (/DR switch). I verified it again and it is set to be overwritten.

Exchange was installed with the same patch and location, not using SRS or KMS.

I tried just copying the data from the IMG0001 folder to the exchange box, but that didn't work.  Any tips on how I can get these mailstore restored?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

don't actually do Excange anymore, so you'll have to wait for someone else, I'm afraid

Sorry