cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 SP2

Ed_Mertz
Level 3
Does Backup Exec 10.0.5520 support the backup of Exchange 2003 SP2?
8 REPLIES 8

Mark_Simko
Level 2
Nope, nothing but aggravation from this product. Should work out of the box, but it requires that you jump through hoops and then still doesn't work. Can't get much help through online support because only the support forum is available. You'll get referred to the same 2 artciles when VSS fails. One tells you to run a command line utility and reboot the server, after which you get the same problem. The other refers you to Microsoft for info that isn't available.

Unless Veritas comes up with a fix for exchange backups and the Voume Shadow Copy Service, go elsewhere. You'll save more money in time than you will spend trying to fix a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Exchange 2003 SP2 is nto explicitly mentioned in the SCL. Please refer the following link.
Backup Exec 10.0 for Windows Servers - Software Compatibility List (SCL)
http://support.veritas.com/docs/264484

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Ed_Mertz
Level 3
Thanks for the response, but I have already checked the SCL. I guess I should rephrase my question.

Are steps being taken to certify the backup of Exchange 2003 SP2 with Backup Exec 10.0.5520? If so, how long until Exchange 2003 SP2 is added to the SCL for BE 10.0.5520?

Mark_Greenhall
Level 3
I would like to know the answer to this one as well! We will probably need to upgrade to exchange SP2 in the near future as our users are fast approaching the 16gb mailbox store limit of SP1.

Anyone??

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
SP2 is now supported. See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/278254.htm

Mark_Greenhall
Level 3
Supported with the latest 10d (10.1), but not currently tested for 10.0!

I don't think it's very good of Veritas to make us have to upgrade to 10.1 as they haven't tested exchange 2003 SP2 with 10.0. I could maybe understand them not testing it against versions 8 or 9, but 10.0 isn't that old!

I've seen a post on here from someone having trouble with 10.0 and Exch 2k3 SP2 and the Veritas response was "upgrade to 10.1". That's not a very acceptable reply in my view.

Regards
Mark

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
10.1 is just an update to 10.0 though. It's not a paid-for upgrade or anything like that. I think that Veritas distinguish between 10.0 and 10.1 too much. I think 10.1 (10d) was marketed as (new) to get more coverage for CPS.

Christophe_Dech
Level 3
it seems you are wrong... I asked for the update from the version 10.0 rev 5520 to 10d (10.1) and I received an answer telling me that as I don't have a contract support I have to buy it...