cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2007 Full Backup Issue Error V-79-57344-918

Haroon_khan
Level 3

Dear All,

After I  got the  error  message  when i am try to  take full backup  my Exchange 2007 Server     first  error is   VSS - Snapshot technology Failure   i also check the Services  its working at  Exchange 2007 ..

The Second  error  i got it  the log  file sector  didn't match .

Thanks for your  Assistance ..

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Make sure the VSS writers are stable and running on the server in question. Open a command prompt on that server and type: vssadmin list writers.

A restart normally fixes any VSS writers not listed as Stable and Running.

Thanks!

Haroon_khan
Level 3

I  appreciated your  Reply   VSSadmin  working fine  dont have any error ....

Thanks !

Haroon_khan
Level 3

Kindly check the Snapshot  for this error.....

Thanks !

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Well the sector size error in your screenshot is either because the Backup to disk storage (B2D) device has a different sector size than the volume on the Exchange server that contains the EDB and LOG files OR because you have not fully patched your Backup Exec 2012 installation (as we did identify and fix something related to that error with a patch in the 2012 version)

Please confirm you have the latest patches installed and also use fsutil on your backup target drive and the drives that contain the Exchange data to check the bytes per sector information.

Note the operating system of the two servers may also be important as officially (even though they sort of worked) Microsoft did not support 4k sector sizes until Windows 2012

VJware
Level 6

Do ensure AOFO option is disabled for the Exchange backup job.

Secondly, run the following command via cmd. Run this on the BE server against the volume where the staging location is and also on the Exchange server against the Exchange volume -

FSUTIL FSINFO NTFSINFO x:

What are the sector sizes ? Do they match ?

Haroon_khan
Level 3

Hi guys ...

Currnetly i am using  Service Pack 3 now i am downloading   Service Pack 4 also my   Bk Exe 2012   A new version is availble Bk Exc2015  whats your recommendation i also  Run the below   Command .

FSUTIL FSINFO NTFSINFO  z: at my   Bk Ex2012 Server    recently   We move our   old  Exchange 2007 to  Other new  Dell  Server machine till now i am faing this issue .

Thanks

Colin_Weaver

You need to run that FSUTIL comamnd on

1) The drive on your Backup Exec server that you are backing up to

2) The Drive on your Exchnage Server that contains the Exchange Database

3) The drive on your Exchange Server that contains the Exchange log files (if different from 2 above)

In your Live Update, the reference to Backup Exec 15 is just an indication that the new version exists (as an advert), you cannot install 15 from within LiveUpdate.  As BE 15 discontinues support for some older environments (32bit Operating Systems on the Backup Exec Server for instance)  you should read the HCL and SCL documents carefully before planning to upgrade and also note that the BE 2012 license will not be valid for BE 15 so if you are no longer under maintenance you will need to purchase licenses.

VJware
Level 6

What is the OS of the BE and the Exchange server ?

And what is the output of the fsutil command when run against the BE & Exchange server volumes ?