cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2007 GRT Failure

Linden
Level 2
Partner
Running BEWS 12.5 with the latest updates on Server 2003 R2 x86 backing up an Exchange Server 2007 x86 on Server 2003 R2

Trying to do a full backup of a mailbox database with GRT enabled to a Backup-To-Disk folder located on a Unix SAMBA share.

Always get the following error:
V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options. The foll...

I know there was this support issue http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/305877.htm but I have applied the hotfix to no avail.

Any ideas??

2 REPLIES 2

Linden
Level 2
Partner
Update: These errors occurr in the debug logs only in the "Verify" stage of the backup. I'm a bit concerned about just blatantly turning off verifications.

br_nar
Level 3
I was having the same error:
Backup- \\servername\Microsoft Information Store\Second Storage Group V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options.  The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file:  '-528 The current log file is missing. '

At first I has a random success rate of +/- 50%, and then it started to get worse, until at some point the backups always failed with the above error.
After restarting the Backup Exec Remote Agent on the Exchange server, the error went away.
I've now created a scheduled task to restart the Backup Exec Remote Agent every day.
My jobs are running successful, for a few days now.