cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2007 backup

FluxBlocker
Level 3

We have Backup Exec 2010 running on a 32-bit media server (it's Windows Server 2003 R2).  We have 2 remote agents, one a 32-bit 2003R2 server and one is a 2008R1 server, both 32-bit.  Then recently we added the exchange agent for our mail server which is Exchange 2007 on a Windows 2008 R2 64-bit server.  The backup works great except for one "exception".  Is this because I am running a 32-bit media server and trying to back up a 64-bit remote agent?  Below is the exact message I get - and it is only the Exchange part of the backup that is generating it:

1 files were skipped.

Note:  The backup job was configured to use the Advanced Open File Option.  However, files were skipped during backup processing.  Please ensure that the Media Server <SERVER01> is properly licensed with the Advanced Open File Option, or that the job is properly targeted for media servers that are licensed with the Advanced Open File Option.

The server IS licensed for the AOFO, it's included with the Exchange agent, from what I've gathered...

One more thing: it says the file that was skipped is c:\windows\system32\mapi32.dll, but there is no such file.  There is a mapi32.dll file in c:\windows\syswow64\ but not in c:\windows\system32\.

I will sincerely appreciate anyone's help with this issue.

Thanks!

Son-O-Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you backup Exchange, you should not enable AOFO.  Do not combine an Exchange backup with a backup of flat files which requires AOFO.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you backup Exchange, you should not enable AOFO.  Do not combine an Exchange backup with a backup of flat files which requires AOFO.