cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2007 backups and restores

Gonzouk
Level 4

Hello,

We have upgrade Exchnage 2007 to the latest updates (SP3 & rollup 4) and Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3 (latest udates) now can't do granular backups to tape or even disk most of the time, but can do database only backups of the passive node (well it is working while I type this). Symantec have been looking at it all week!

We have and Exchnage cluster and I will need to restore individul emails and remember in the old days of Exchnage 2003 you could use a recovery storage group and Exmerge. How can I do this in Exchnage 2007 and with the complication of have a CCR cluster?

If I can get this to work then I don't care about Backup Exec 2010R3's granular backup option, but how can I restore a database via Backup Exec 2010 and pull out individual items, plus not overwrite a live DB?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Exchange 2007 still has the option to restore to a recovery storage group:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH51555

For Exchange 2007 (backups and) restores, make sure the same version of the Exchange Management Tools are installed on the Backup Exec server as on the Exchange server, and MAPI/CDO needs to be installed on the Exchange server(s).