Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2007 compatability

Petter_Fossum
Level 4
Partner

Hi !

Can I expect any problems using Backup Exec 2012 backing up a Exchange 2007 cluster running on Windows 2003 x64? I see that both are supported, but have heard that the combination of the two might cause problems.

Best regards

Petter Fossum

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Exchange 2007 on Server 2003 is more of a Microsoft question which I would advise you ask in their forums.

As for compatibility with BE, they are supported, but as with most, if not all, software, there would be some issues that could be experienced, but there are not predictable.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Hi Petter,

Cause problems in what way? BE 2012 would support both applications, and if there are issues it might not necessarily be from a Symantec perspective, but from a Microsoft perspective.

Thanks!

Petter_Fossum
Level 4
Partner

I was thinking in the direction if there where any known problems with that actual combination of software. Have experienced in the past that allthough a given version of OS and application is supported and works fine, there can be issues when they run in combination.

CraigV

Exchange 2007 on Server 2003 is more of a Microsoft question which I would advise you ask in their forums.

As for compatibility with BE, they are supported, but as with most, if not all, software, there would be some issues that could be experienced, but there are not predictable.

Thanks!