cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2010 - IS and PF Database show up as 0k

meathead76
Level 2

I have just setup a new BE2010 server and am trying to backup an Exchange 2010 server.  However when I go to the selections, the DB's for the Exchange server show up as 0k.  They also do not show up in the DAG option either.  I am using an account that has Exchange Admin rights and I have the Exchang console installed on the BE2010 server.  What am I missing to properly be able to see and backup Exchange?
5 REPLIES 5

meathead76
Level 2

Also when testing the credentials I get " a healthy database could not be found". However, I know I am using a good user account with Exchange admin permissions. 

Alexey_D
Level 3

I have the same problem. 0 kb and error

LucioS
Not applicable

I have the same problem with BE2010 and Exchange Server 2010.

The Mailbox Database is 0kb.

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi ,

First of all to backup exchange2010 you should ensure few details

1 Backup server has to be win2008 standard /enterprise sp2 or win2008 r2 & has to be on 64 bit h/w as 32 bit is not supported

2 You must have BE 2010 r2 (BE2010 is also fine but i would recommend BE 2010 r2)

3 Then your backupexec user account must be added in group called organization management by which it will assign the RBAC role to that user

4 Last thing if it is single exchange server you need to backup it from the server but if it is DAG in backup selection you will see the DAG in selection at bottom so have to backup it up only from there

About the database showing 0 byte count that is fine you can actually run the backup & it should complete with byte count

Thank You

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi Meathead

I presume my above post might have help you to fix the issue please let me know any updates on same & if issue is resolved please mark the post as solved

Thank You