cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2010 and beremote log files?

tolinrome1
Level 5

Hello,

I have on my Exchange server under th epath: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\logs - a bunch of mailserver-2010-beremote001 (002,003,etc).log files. They are takign up many GB's of space, what are they for and can I delete them? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Turn off logging

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Logging\CreateDebugLog = 0 

(1= on)

Then just delete the files.

They should only get created when you are troubleshooting an issue (possibly with Symantec  assistance) and someone forgot to turn off the logs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

As far as I know those files are for logging errors during troubleshooting, and also generated during normal everyday activity.

There should be no reason to delete all but the most recent 1. I've actually never seen this, so you might have some sort of debugging going on there too. Keep an eye on that to see if the log files grow again.

THanks!

tolinrome1
Level 5

debugging from what source, the remote agent or in buex 2010 program somewhere?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Turn off logging

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Logging\CreateDebugLog = 0 

(1= on)

Then just delete the files.

They should only get created when you are troubleshooting an issue (possibly with Symantec  assistance) and someone forgot to turn off the logs.