cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2013 Error

create_share
Level 6

Hi!

We are getting the attached error while backing up Exchange 2013 installed on Windows 2012. Server is fully selected in Backup Job.

Use Snapshot Technology is checked under Advanced Open File.

Snapshot provider is Microsoft.

Exchange Error.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would recommend to reboot the Exchange server first so that the VSS writers come in a stable state and then retry the backup. Do ensure Advanced Open File Option and GRT options are disabled in the backup.

Lastly, hope it is installed on a Win 2012 server and not Win 2012 R2 as the latter is not supported currently and would be in the upcoming release.

Colin_Weaver

Is it Exchange 2013 with CU3 or SP1 installed?

The BE 2012 SCL now indicates that these updates are required for support (along with updates to Backup Exec) and I happen to know when I tested Exchange 2013 (unpatched) with the BE 2014 beta that I received VSS errors until I had patched Exchange up to CU3.

create_share
Level 6

That means BE 2012 still does not support restoring individual mail items for Exchange 2013?

Yes! it is installed on win 2012 and not on R2.

Exchange Version 15.0 (Build 516.32)

Thanks.

VJware
Level 6

For now, BE 2012 does not support Exchange 2013 GRT and support would be available in the upcoming release. At the moment, you consider using this KB for recovering individual items - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH77853