cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2016: The Database Recovery failed with Error '*Null*'

vilsa
Level 1

We're trying to backing up our new exchange envirement with BE 20.3. 

We often get the error message:

Backup
V-79-57344-759 - The backup selection '<Database>' was not successfully processed for Granular Recovery Technology (GRT). The Database Recovery failed with Error '*Null*'. You will not be able to restore individual items for this backup selection
#--------------

Job ended: <date>
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.
Final error category: Resource Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-759

This happens during full backup and incremental backup.

The next backup, full or inc, runs (often) fine. I don't know why the next backup runs successfully, I didn't change anything.

The backup selection '<Database>' has been successfully processed for Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)

I have already tried the following

Any help is appreciated! 

BE-Server: 

• Backup Exec 20.3 Rev 1188
  • Windows Server 2016

Exchange Server:

• Windows Server 2016
  • Exchange Server 2016 CU12
    • Version 15.1 (Build 1713.5)
    • Edition: Standard
1 REPLY 1

ltinker
Level 0

I am having the same errors with BE 20.3, Server 2016, and Exchange 2016. Exchange is running on a Hyper-V VM. A full backup successfully ran last Friday (Jan. 10th), and the error has occurred on the Differential job that ran the following Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. No problem with the backups the previous week; this error didn't occur, even on the Differentials.

I increased the size of the hard drive on Exchange yesterday because one post indicated that GRT backup might put a copy temporarily on the Exchange server as it processes the backup, but last night's Differential still failed.  There is enough space on the hard drive to handle even a copy of a full backup, so it's not that.