cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Archiving Mailbox Group Selection Keeps Disappearing

Mike_Polcaro
Not applicable

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.  I'm having problems in setting up an Archving Job in BE 2010 R2.  Specifically, when I go into the archive job setup, under Settings - Exchange tab.  In the section where you select Mailbox Groups, I use the dropdown menu to select the domain (I only have one).  Then I've created and edited a mailbox group.  This all appears to work fine, and I submit the job.  When I go back into edit the job, the selection for the domain and the Mailbox Groups underneath have disappeared.

Running the job results in failure, with a message Error:  e00098a1 - No archive to process during this job run.

Not surprising seeing as the job fails to hold the selections for the domain and Mailbox Groups.

I suspect permissions as the culprit here, but I'm not sure what other permissions I can assign to this account.  I've basically thrown every permission I can at this account.  When I use Outlook this account can access and has full control over every mailbox on the server, Send As and everything.

The mailbox I want to archive is the mailbox for the logon account itself, is that a problem?  In other words, can it not archive itself?

Particulars:

BE 2010 R2

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2

Standard 64 bit Edition SP2

Exchange Server 2003 SP2 (Version 6.5 Build 7638.2)

Single domain, single site, 1 Exchange server, 1 storage group, 1 mailbox store, single IP subnet, no routers.

0 REPLIES 0